HAZOP Leadership and Management
- 1515/080808/22222222 - 1717/080808/22222222
Presenting the IChemE course in 3 days by: Rod Prior
This course will cover:
The exploration of best practices in HAZOP leadership and management. You will learn about the application of techniques and how to both plan and manage study programmes more effectively. Included is the leadership of study teams, to obtain the maximum effectiveness for successful project execution. Case studies will give you the opportunity to undertake a range of project team roles and guide a team through the HAZOP process.
This course covers leadership responsibilities; planning a HAZOP programme, node identification and time estimation; preparation of the event; recording style, skills and development of recommendations; HAZOP meeting facilitation; team dynamics; leadership through the study and the development of the final report and action management.
You will gain the following understanding from attending this course:
• Preparation of a HAZOP study meeting and programme – including defining the scope of the study and choosing the team
• Choosing nodes (parts of the drawing or operation for HAZOP study)
• Estimating the programme requirements for the successful completion of a study
• Facilitation techniques to motivate the team and keep them on task
• Avoiding common problems encountered during study meetings, including challenging behaviours
• Formulation of a HAZOP study report
• Team leadership role in the implementation of recommendations and the management of the process.
Who: Individuals experienced in the HAZOP technique who are required to lead HAZOP studies (Experience as a team member with an understanding of HAZOP methodology is required). Experience as a HAZOP study scribe would also be useful.
Where: Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre (Map available on request), Viewpoint Street, Bartlett, Boksburg (12km from OR Tambo International Airport).
When: 14th - 16th March 2022 Time: 07h45 for 8h00 – 17h30
Notes: A comprehensive course manual will be provided.
Fees: A fee of R11 760.00 p.p is payable for the course. This will cover course notes, lunch and morning/afternoon refreshments.
Member discount: IChemE and SAICE members will receive a R700.00 p.p discount.
Early bird discount: A 5% discount if payment is received on or before the 18th February 2022.
Team discount: A 10% discount if your organization sends three or more delegates and you pay before the 18th February 2022 (booked at the same time) Otherwise full fee of R11 760.00 p.p applies. (VAT is not applicable).
Accommodation is not included in the delegate fee, but is available at the venue on request.
Payments: The full fee is to be paid into the following bank account: Account name: SHExcellence cc Bank: ABSA Bank Branch Code: 632005 Account number: 9243702400 If, for any reason, the course is cancelled, the full fee paid will be refunded.
NB: For delegates beyond South African borders, please contact Rod if further info. is required.