SAICHE-371: Behavioural Based Safety
Provider: Luthando Skills & Training
Valid from: 2020/07/01 - 2023/06/30
Event Date: Contact provider (above)
If you think safety’s expensive, try having an accident … Successful safety management involves understanding human factors and having the ability to correct human error to improve safety habits.
For many years there has been an emphasis on physical and engineering controls and on safe working practices and procedures. Increasingly, however, studies have shown that technical measures alone will not eliminate accidents in the workplace. Increasing emphasis must be placed on how people fit into, and interact with, their environment and work systems, and on how their performance affects safety.
Managing human failures is essential to preventing major accidents, occupational accidents and ill health, all of which can cost businesses money, reputation and potentially their continued existence.
This highly-interactive Behavioural Based Safety training seminar will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents to create a management approach which engages, motivates and sustains safe behaviors at work. The course takes a systematic approach, examining the motivation underlying behaviors, in order to increase safe behaviour.
The end product must be ‘Safe Person – Safe Workplace’.
This training seminar will highlight
• The key components of an effective behavioral based safety approach
• The relationship between human factors and safety performance
• How to positively influence the performance of employees
• How to develop and sustain a behavioral change programme
• The visible business benefit
At the end of this training seminar, you will learn to:
• Develop a clear understanding of human factors
• Understand the consequences of behavioral acts and omissions as prime causes of accidents and adverse events
• Understand the key role of managers and supervisors in influencing safety performance
• Develop skills for identifying, evaluating and implementing cost effective solutions for influencing behavioral change
• Develop skills to successfully implement and sustain a behavioral change programme